Scott has been thinking about survival since the time he was a kid. Growing up in Northern California Scott spent much of his time in the mountains near his home. After High School Scott joined the Marines and served for 5 years in a Marine Recon unit. After being honorably discharged from the Marine Corps he attended a West coast college where he studied science. After college Scott got the military bug again and decided to try out for the Navy SEALs. He completed BUD/S (Basic Underwater
Demolition/SEAL Course) and spent 7 years with the SEAL teams including leading SEAL sniper teams in Iraq. Scott is also Nationally Certified as an Emergency Medical Technician and trained as Tactical Combat Casualty Care First Responder. Scott founded Forge Solutions, LLC in 2007 and has since worked on Executive Protection and Personal Security Detail (PSD) contracts in some of the most inhospitable places on earth. Scott’s focus is sustainable/clean/green energy, reusable products and primitive skills applied to modern situations and how they help you survive in troubled times.
How does Scott answer 17 Survival Questions?
1. Please describe your EveryDay Carry?
2. Favorite Bug Out Pistol?
4. Favorite Bug Out Rifle or Carbine?
Mk114 5.56 by Primary Weapons Systems
5. Favorite Rifle or Carbine?
MK214 by Primary Weapons Systems
6. Favorite Shotgun?
7. The amount of food you have at your house?
3 weeks (need more food)
8. Name your top 7 items in your Bug Out Bag?
9. Describe your Bug Out Location, if you have one?
Pacific Coastal Hills
10. Describe your Bug Out Vehicle?
Ford Explorer 4×4 (someday maybe a SportsMobile?)
11. Describe your Bug Out Bag?
Granite Gear Chief Patrol Pack (Large BOB), Mystery Ranch (Medium BOB), Hazard4 (Small BOB)
12. Favorite home defense pistol?
Glock 17/Glock 30
13. Favorite home defense Rifle/Shotgun?
14. Favorite Survival Book?
U.S. Army Field Manual 3-05.70– Survival
15. Favorite Survival Type Movie?
16. Survival Knife?
17. Survival Tools in your kit?