Greg is originally from Northeast Missouri and grew up spending a lot of time in the outdoors hunting, hiking and helping on family farms. After college he was an Armor officer in the Army and saw multiple deployments around the world including Bosnia. In Bosnia Greg spoke with numerous families that had to survive during the war after fleeing there houses and literally being chased through the woods. Greg currently resides in Colorado and enjoys the outdoors, shooting and reloading as much as possible.
How does Greg answer 17 Survival Questions?
1. Please describe your Every Day Carry?
Suunto Core, Leatherman C33 knife or SigTac Pterodacyl knife, Kel-Tec P3AT or Glock 36
2. Favorite Bug Out Pistol?
H&K USP .40
3. Favorite Concealed Carry Pistol?
4. Favorite Bug Out Rifle or Carbine?
Daniel Defense – M4
5. Favorite Rifle or Carbine?
M-14 / M1A
6. Favorite Shotgun?
7. The amount of food you have at your house?
1 month and growing
8. Name your top 7 items in your Bug Out Bag?
1. Water Filter: MSR Sweet Water, 2. Food: Mostly AlpineAire and a few MRE’s, 3. Shelter: 3 person backpacking tent along with a small tarp, 4. Boots/Shoes: Scarpa Kailash boots and Chaco sandals, 5. Clothing: No cotton! A few layers with good shells, 6. Weapons: H&K USP 40, Ruger 10/22, M4 Carbine, 7. Personal information/trading items: Flash drive with scanned copies of all my critical information insided of a pelican waterproof case. Few hundred dollars in cash in small bills along with a few rolls of quarters.
9. Describe your Bug Out Location, if you have one?
Rural farm location — drive-able / hike-able or accessible by mountain bike.
10. Describe your Bug Out Vehicle?
Option 1: Ford F150 four door 4×4 with a hardshell topper pulling an Aliner pop-up camper.
Option 2: Mountain bike with a two child trailer behind.
11. Describe your Bug Out Bag?
Dana Designs internal frame backpacking pack + Blackhawk 3 day assault pack
12. Favorite home defense pistol?
H&K USP .40
13. Favorite home defense Rifle/Shotgun?
14. Favorite Survival Book?
Deep Survival by Laurence Gonzalez
15. Favorite Survival Type Movie?
Anything with extended periods in the outdoors. (The Edge with Anthony Hopkins is a good one.)
16. Survival Knife?
Cold Steel SRK
17. Survival Tools in your kit?
Machete, small axe, Pliers (full size), Entrenching tool, Wyoming Saw III, Leatherman, zip ties, 550 cord, flashlights, small tubing you can siphon gas with.