Mark – Mark graduated from Texas A&M University with a BS in Biochemistry and completed graduate work in International Commerce and Policy at George Mason University in the Metro Washington DC area. Mark is a former Marine Recon Team Leader, Marine Officer Instructor at The Basic School and Marine Infantry Officer. He is an outdoor adventurist and survivalist. Mark has lived and traveled all over the world with The United States Marine Corps. With a strong science & outdoor background, Mark is a bit of a geek when it comes to water filtration and primitive survival methods. He loves to review all things water filtration and is committed to never drinking bottled water which he claims is worse than “tap water” because of the cheap plastic used to make the bottles.
Mark has raced multiple Marathons and competed in numerous Ironman Triathlons. Mark coaches triathletes, swimmers, and crossfit athletes. When Mark is not working or coaching he is preparing for his next endurance race or spending time with his family. Mark was Crossfit Endurance, Level 1 Certified and Crossfit Mobility Certified in 2010. Mark makes his home in Texas and is a contributing author to SurvivalCache.com. Mark recently co-authored the book “Everyday Survival Kits” to help people get better prepared.
How does Mark answer 17 Survival Questions?
1. Please describe your Every Day Carry.
Glock 30, Cold Steel Recon1, iPhone, G-Shock Watch, Fire Starter
2. Favorite Bug Out Pistol?
3. Favorite Concealed Carry Pistol?
4. Favorite Bug Out Rifle or Carbine?
FN SCAR – H (.308)
5. Favorite Rifle or Carbine?
LaRue Tactical PredatOBR
6. Favorite Shotgun?
7. The amount of food you have at your house?
8. Name your top 7 items in your Bug Out Bag?
Shelter, Food, Water, Water Purification, Gun, Ammo, Fishing & Trapping Gear
9. Describe your Bug Out Location?
Southwest Texas hill country – Off Grid Cabin on 60 acres
10. Describe your Bug Out Vehicle?
11. Describe your Bug Out Bag?
Alice Pack (Old School)
12. Favorite home defense pistol?
13. Favorite home defense Rifle/Shotgun?
Come find out…..
14. Favorite Survival Book?
US Army FM21-76
15. Favorite Survival Type Movie?
Army of Darkness (It’s a trick, get an Axe!!!)
16. Survival Knife?
Cold Steel SRK
17. Survival Tools in your kit?