Deciding whether or not to take your dog in a survival situation is a more difficult question than choosing between types of gear. For animal loving pet owners it’s a no-brainer. Others might see dogs an an unnecessary risk and use of supplies.
- Excellent Early Warning Security
- Close Quarters Fighting Advantage
- Threat Deterrent
- Animal Tracking
- Noise can be a security risk
- Extra Food
- Extra Water
- Some Terrain is Difficult
- Move Faster in some Situations
- No unnecessary noises
- No extra food or water required
- No warning for unheard/unseen risks
Can you tell my list is a little slanted towards the pro-Dog side? Leave a comment and tell us what other good reasons you have for having or not having a dog in a survival situation. Also see our Bug Out Bag for dogs – I spray painted mine and it turned out great.
Visit Our New Survival Gear Store – Forge Survival Supply
Top Photo by: Vurnman