Clean water storage containers are going to be in serious demand if the SHTF, both by you and all of the sheeple too. You really can’t have enough, but at the same time you don’t want to waste room in your gear bag on more water bottles when you’ve already filled as many as you can carry. Enter The Platypus Collapsible Water Bottle.
From the Cascade Designs company website:
- 100% BPA free
- Compared to a hard bottle of equal volume, they weigh 80% less and take up a mere one fifth of the space when empty.
There’s really not a lot to it: A heavy duty plastic bag with a drinking spout. However, when they say heavy duty they mean heavy duty.
1. Obviously it is great as a very small and light backup water container.
2. According to the company you can put boiling water in the platypus and it will be fine. Since it’s BPA free there’s no danger of contamination either.
3. One reviewer on amazon suggests filling it with hot/boiling water to use as a hot water bottle in bed. This could be potentially useful in a cold survival situation.
4. You can freeze it. I don’t know how or why you would ever do this in a survival scenario, but at least you know it will stand up to winter conditions.
A word of advice: The laws of physics still apply, so don’t fill it completely full like a balloon and then expect it not to pop when squished. Fill 90% so that it is flexible and strong.
The new version of the 1 Liter Platypus Collapsible Water Bottle goes for $12.95 on Forge Survival Supply. (It has more than 40 positive reviews.) The Platypus also comes in a 2 liter version, when 1 liter just won’t due.
Visit our new Survival Gear store – Forge Survival Supply